Meta Box Custom Table Extension
Save custom fields data to custom table instead of the default meta tables. Reduce database size and increase performance.
Meta Box Custom Table is an extension of Meta Box plugin that helps you to save data to custom table instead of the default post/user/term meta table. All meta values are saved in a single row, and each column will be a meta key. This reduces the number of rows in the database which can cause a performance issue when the data grows. And let you have all of your data in one place, so you can easily view, edit, import, export it.
Why Meta Box Custom Table for custom fields?
By default, WordPress uses meta tables for storing the meta data (custom fields). In order to satisfy a wide range of needs, WordPress uses a flexible database structure, where each custom field is stored as a row with 4 columns: meta_id, post_id, meta_key and meta_value. While it seems to be fine at first, when your data grows, the number of database rows increases very fast.
Meta Box Custom Table extension is all you need.
Meta Box Custom Table provides a simple API for you to create custom tables and store custom fields to custom tables. It works with all field types of Meta Box plugin as well as all meta types (post, user, term). The extension uses a simple syntax to define the table and you won’t have to change your meta box definition.
Meta Box Custom Table Features
- Uses WordPress recommended method to create custom tables, which allows you to upgrade table structure anytime.
- Provides a simple API to define table structure.
- Works with any meta types: post meta, user meta, term meta, comment meta.
- Provides an easy way to integrate with your existing meta boxes.
- Support creating custom models which combines the post and post meta table into one.
Files Included with this download
- Meta Box Custom Table Extension
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.